Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

i225-V adapter's internet has stopped once files are being download with speed >= 10Mib/s

SADAFD1111
Beginner
hi 

I have the following problem:

THE PROBLEM:
All is cool with the ethernet adapter which is on ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING motherboard UNTIL I start downloading something from internet with speed 10MiB/s

CURRENT FIX: 
1. I reinstall the driver
2. I do network reset in Win10
3. and leave PC whole night with power disconnected
On the morning after this procedure it's working again.

I tried also:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /release
- I tried using update NVM tool  => but I get error 
- I also tried setting receiving and transmitting buffers to 2048 instead of their defaults 1024

Notes:
- I have 100 Mbps Internet from ISP
- I have gigabit router
- I use newest driver from Asus site: 1.0.2.14
- In the morning all hardware testing is green except NVM Integrity Status
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SADAFD1111,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with your Intel Ethernet Controller I225V. For us to proceed checking your query, please provide the following information.

1. Is this a newly purchased system?

2. When was the issue first encountered? Is it during initial integration?

3. Is there any changes prior to issue?

4. Can you share more information regarding the problem? Do you encounter any error when the i225-V adapter's internet has stopped? Is the I225V keeps disconnecting and the only way to have it working again is after a system restart?

5. When you mentioned 'I tried using update NVM tool => but I get error' Can you share the link where did you obtain the package?

6. Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SADAFD1111,

Good day!

We are sending this message to follow up on the information we requested so we can proceed checking your query. If you have additional questions or clarifications, feel free to let us know.

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
SADAFD1111
Beginner
Hi sorry for late response but the reason is not high speed, I'm still investigating the issue so please ignore the topic for now. I'll delete it tomorrow if reasons not found. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SADAFD1111,

No problem at all. 

In case you wish to continue the investigation, please provide the information requested as we noticed that you haven't deleted your post. If no assistance is needed, please advise so we can proceed with closure.

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach after 3 business days

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
SADAFD1111
Beginner

hi , so yes please close the topic, I can't find any option to delete it / close it myself

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SADAFD1111,

Thank you for the swift response.

We will now close this query as per your request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing week ahead and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos