Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

i350-tv 4 port adapter Vlans

DPB
Beginner

I have a Windows 10 machine, version 20H2. I have installed the i350 card and created vlans off of each the 4 ports using Intel PROset adapter utility. Where is the Vlan configuration information stored, so I can back it up in case of a computer malfunction or crash in the future. I have created 32 tagged vlans off of each of the 4 interfaces, 128 vlans total, so it is a major effort to recreate all of those vlans. Help is appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
51 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

We do apologize for the delay however we are still currently checking what further recommendations we can provide you to help you with your concern. 

Would it be okay if we can ask for another 2-3 business days to provide you an update? Once we have all the information that we need, we will notify you immediately instead. Thank you and have a great day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DPB
Beginner
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We do apologize for the delay in responding, we actually tried responding on your post last 11/16/2021 however for some reason the message was not successfully posted in the communities. We do apologize for any inconvenience, we will share you our response again. 

As per further checking, VMQ can actually cause an erratic virtual machine network performance when enabled so we would like you to try our recommended steps below;

Please try disabling VMQ on your Windows host server using PowerShell.

1. Find the current VMQ status of the Ethernet Adapter. Open up a PowerShell prompt as an Administrator and enter the following command to check the installed NIC and its VMQ status:

PS C:\>Get-NetAdapterVmq

2. Then disable the VMQ of the adapter.

PS C:\>Disable-NetAdapterVmq -Name "NIC Name"

"NIC Name" is the name of the adapter.

Or you may use the other command:

PS C:\>Set-NetAdapterVmq -Name "NIC Name" -Enabled $False

"NIC Name" is the name of the adapter.

Then after these, please try re creating your vlans again to check if this set up would work. If its still not working please let us know immediately so we can further assist you. 

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DPB
Beginner

Hello,

Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in US, we have a limited amount of staff this week.

I tried the PS C:\>Get-NetAdapterVmq command, however no results are returned. 

We will continue our testing  next Monday, 11-29, to further try to resolve this issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

Thank you very much for advising us, we will make a follow up next Tuesday, November 30 instead to give you enough time to do the tests. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out with you instead. Thank you and have a nice day! 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DPB,

Good day!

We are just sending this follow up to check if you are able to continue the testing. If yes, please confirm and share the result with us. In case you have additional questions or clarifications, feel free to let us know.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DPB
Beginner

Hello,

thank you for your follow up.

As I said in my previous reply, we tried to find VMQ status per your suggestion, however the command "PS C:\>Get-NetAdapterVmq" did not return any results - blank line, no status. We issued the command below:

1. Find the current VMQ status of the Ethernet Adapter. Open up a PowerShell prompt as an Administrator and enter the following command to check the installed NIC and its VMQ status:

PS C:\>Get-NetAdapterVmq

We will with testing today and tomorrow.

Any idea why the command did not return status?

thank you!

DPB

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DPB,

Thank you the reply.

We will further check with our engineers what could be the issue why the PS C:\>Get-NetAdapterVmq did not return any result. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for you kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DPB,

Apologies for the confusion. 

Before we re-escalate this request to our engineers, can you provide us a screenshot from your command prompt when you ran PS C:\>Get-NetAdapterVmq?

Awaiting to hear from you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DPB
Beginner

The screen shot is attached, thank you. 

I also ran command from 'H' drive with same result.

The command does not return any information. 

thank you!

DPB

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DPB,

Thank you for the swift response. 

We will proceed re-escalating this request to our engineers. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

We do apologize for the delay since we are not yet able to provide you a recommendation as the case is still escalated to our engineers and its currently being further investigated. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 2-3 business days to provide you an update? Once we have all the information that we need, we will notify you immediately instead. We thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope you to have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DPB
Beginner

Hello Zigfreid,

Yes, as we would like to resolve this issue one way or another soon as possible. 

Thank you again for your continued correspondence and trying to help us resolve and find a solution. 

Regards, DPB

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

We do apologize again for the delay since we will not be able to provide you a recommendation today, as the case is still escalated to our engineers and its currently being further investigated. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 2-3 business days to provide you an update? Once we have all the information that we need, we will notify you immediately instead. We thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

We do apologize again for the delay since we will not be able to provide you an update today, as the case is still escalated to our engineers and its currently being further investigated. Rest assure that we are closely monitoring this case and once an update is available we will notify you immediately. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 3-4 business days to provide you an update? We thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DPB
Beginner

Ok, thank you for continuing to research this issue. We may have to go with another option if we can't resolve soon. However, this is our preferred path if we can resolve.

Thank you again for your continued efforts.

DPB 

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

We really appreciate the patience that you are giving us however we would like apologize again for the delay since we will not be able to provide you an update today. 

Currently the case is still escalated to our engineers and its its still being investigated. However please rest assure that we are closely monitoring the case and once we are provided an update we will notify you immediately. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 3-4 business days to provide you an update? If you need to go with another option, we would understand and its fine as well however please do advise us so we can advise our team. 

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding and we hope you have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

We would like apologize again for the delay since we will not be able to provide you an update today. 

Currently the case is still escalated to our engineers and its its still being investigated. However please rest assure that we are closely monitoring the case and once we are provided an update we will notify you immediately. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 3-4 business days to provide you an update? If you need to go with another option, we would understand and its fine as well however please do advise us so we can advise our team. 

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding and we hope you have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

We would like apologize again for the delay since we will not be able to provide you an update today. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 4-5 business days to provide you an update? If you need to go with another option, we would understand and its fine as well however please do advise us so we can advise our team. 

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding and happy holidays!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

The case is still escalated to our engineers and 

they are currently testing it. Please rest assure that we are closely monitoring the case and once we are provided an update we will notify you immediately. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 4-5 business days to provide you an update? If you need to go with another option, we would understand and its fine as well however please do advise us so we can advise our team. 

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding and we hope you have a good day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

The case is still escalated to our engineers and they are currently testing it. Please rest assure that we are closely monitoring the case and once we are provided an update we will notify you immediately. 

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding and we hope you have a good day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos