Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

i350-tv 4 port adapter Vlans

DPB
Beginner

I have a Windows 10 machine, version 20H2. I have installed the i350 card and created vlans off of each the 4 ports using Intel PROset adapter utility. Where is the Vlan configuration information stored, so I can back it up in case of a computer malfunction or crash in the future. I have created 32 tagged vlans off of each of the 4 interfaces, 128 vlans total, so it is a major effort to recreate all of those vlans. Help is appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
51 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

We would like apologize again for the delay since we will not be able to provide you an update today. 

The case is still escalated to our engineers and they are currently testing it. Please rest assure that we are closely monitoring the case and once we are provided an update we will notify you immediately. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 4-5 business days to provide you an update? If you need to go with another option, we would understand and its fine as well however please do advise us so we can advise our team. 

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding and we hope you have a good day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

We would like apologize again for the delay since we will not be able to provide you an update today. 

The case is still escalated to our engineers and they are currently testing and in the process of validating the issue. Please rest assure that we are closely monitoring the case and once we are provided an update we will notify you immediately. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 4-5 business days to provide you an update? If you need to go with another option, we would understand and its fine as well however please do advise us so we can advise our team. 

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding and we hope you have a good day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

The case is still escalated to our engineers and they are currently testing and in the process of validating the issue. Please rest assure that we are closely monitoring the case and once we are provided an update we will notify you immediately. 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello DPB,

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AldyC_Intel

Hello DPB,

Please be advised that we already received an update from engineering team that they have followed the steps and were not able to reproduce the issue.

They have successfully created 64 VLANs on port 1 and 32 VLANS on port 2. After both reboot and shutdown, none of the VLANS were removed in windows network connections or PROSet.

NIC: I350 2-port

Driver: Release 26.8 with PROSet, E1R driver version 12.18.12.1

Powershell Commands - used https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056184/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Import-Module -Name 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets'

Add-IntelNetVLAN -ParentName "<device name>" -VLANID "###"

In addition, they did some experimenting and found that they received an error message when trying to create more than 64 VLANs on a single port. This was expected per the documentation stating a max of 64 VLANs per port. 

They were also able to create 64 VLANs for each of the two ports (128 ports total), and all of these VLANs persisted after reboot.

Aside from the lab simulation that our engineers did, we also found the following links which describe a similar issue when using Cisco switches and the VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP). Are you using a Cisco switch and is it the same you are experiencing?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/vlans-disappear-and-connectivity-is-lost-due-to-the-addition-of/ta-p/3132694#:~:text=This%20ca...-,VLANs%20disappear%20and%20connectivity%20is%20lost%20due%20to%20the%20addition,a%20VLAN%20across%20a%20network&text=LAN%20Switching

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/vtp/10558-21.html

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1990931-vlans-disappearing

We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to check this message and always be safe. We look forward to hearing from you soon. In case we do not hear from you within one business day, we will contact you on Thursday, February 24th, 2022, to follow up on the case or let us know an alternative date where you would like to be contacted, this will give you more time to get the information requested.

Best regards,

Aldy C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DPB
Beginner

Aldy C.

Thank you for your engineer's efforts and we appreciate this information. We will continue to try to understand what is happening in our environment.

Thank you again for your time and continued effort on our behalf.

DPB

0 Kudos
AldyC_Intel

Hi PDB,

Thank you very much for your prompt update and we also do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.  Unfortunately, the issue was not replicated for us to validate and provide a concrete resolution for this case.  We just want to check if you have further inquiries or clarifications with regard to the test and links that we provided? Kindly let us know and we will do our best to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. In case we do not hear from you, we will contact you again after two business days, to follow up on the case or let us know an alternative date where you would like to be contacted, this will give you more time to get the information requested. 

Best regards,

Aldy C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AldyC_Intel

Hi PDB,

Please be advised that we have not received any response from you since our last post on Feb 22. We would like to apologize again as we were not able to replicate the issue to provide concrete recommendations.

Since no response from your end, we will close the case. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Aldy C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DPB
Beginner

Hello AldyC:

Thank you for your communication. Yes, we are still working on the best solution given the limitations that we are experiencing. Since you cannot reproduce our issue with the VLANS, we are continuing to attempt to find the best solution given our corporate environment.

We will follow up with you when we can finalize our efforts.

Our sincere gratitude for your continued help and research to date on our behalf.

DPB

0 Kudos