Ethernet Products
Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4162 Discussions

i40e NVM 8.40 breaks qinq

Ben-TC
Beginner

We believe we have identified a possible bug in NVM 8.40 for i40e.  When running 8.15 VLAN and QinQ stripping both work but when upgrading to 8.40 only the inner vlan is stripped.

The full writeup and some additional testing has been posted to the DPDK mailing list.  Posting here as well in case someone can verify/tell us what we are missing.

https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2022-April/238185.html

https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2022-April/238269.html

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Ben-TC,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We'd like to set your expectation that for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) Ethernet adapter that you have which is an "i40e XL710", we have limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with the manufacturer for further support since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your card. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet adapter. But don't worry as we will still provide our best effort support to help you resolve the issue. 

Please provide us some to have this check, is it okay if we can ask you to provide us between 2-3 business days for this? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Ben-TC,

We thank you for providing us the needed information on your concern however, as per further checking as much as we want to assist you our support is limited since you are using a 3rd party Ethernet adapter. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Dell adapter. For 3rd party Ethernet adapter, it would still be best for you to get in touch with Dell for further support since they have customized firmware to enable or alter features on your adapter. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you would not lose features or customizations of the Ethernet adapter.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support