rx_dropped

and

port.rx_dropped

Example:

rx_dropped: 1498353937
tx_dropped: 0
port.rx_dropped: 2153623842
port.tx_dropped_link_down: 0

I'm new to i40e running on Centos 7.9, but I get tons of these errors.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Kevins7189,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I hope you are having a good day. For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is the model of your Network card?
  2. Are you designing a system?
  3. Can you also tell us why you need this information for us to understand your end goal.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kevins7189
Beginner

1. What is the model of your Network card? Intel XXV710 Dual Port 10/25GbE SFP28 Adapter,
  2. Are you designing a system? System is in place
  3. Can you also tell us why you need this information for us to understand your end goal.

Because as you can see from my post, those are "dropped", and I want to know why

There is drops, and

why they are different numbers of drops.  In the ethtool -S output there is a whole set of rx/tx stats, and then a separate list of port.rx/tx stats.  Please explain the difference.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Kevins7189,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to make a follow up on the information that we requested for us to assist to assist you.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Kevins7189
Beginner

1. What is the model of your Network card? Intel XXV710 Dual Port 10/25GbE SFP28 Adapter,
  2. Are you designing a system? System is in place

Because as you can see from my post, those are "dropped", and I want to know why

There is drops, and

why they are different numbers of drops?.  In the ethtool -S output there is a whole set of rx/tx stats, and then a separate list of port.rx/tx stats.  Please explain the difference.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Kevins7189,

Thank you for the update. Regarding your inquiry on the difference between rx_dropped and port.rx_dropped. Kindly open the link below and scroll down to page 10.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/reference-guides/xl710-x710-performance-tuning-linux-guide.pdf

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Kevins7189,

I hope you are having a good day. I am just checking if you still have clarifications regarding this thread.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Kevins7189,

I hope you are having a wonderful day. I am just sending another follow up to check if you still have clarifications. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Kevins7189
Beginner

still haven't figured out "why" we are getting such a substantial amount of the drops, but at least I know what they mean now.

0 Kudos