Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection. The networkadapter has been removed

AvanA
Beginner

Hi,

We have 5 systems now wich lost communication. It happend random and we do not now where to search.

Event ID: 56

Event Source: e1qexpress

Event Type: Information

Event Description: Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection. The network driver has been stopped because the network adapter has been removed.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Krausert_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Can you tell us what switch you are connected too? In some instances it can be power saving feature on the switch. If you have power saving on the switch, try disabling it.

Anything else you can provide will help determine your issue.

Best Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
AvanA
Beginner

Hi Robert,

We use a netgear switch without powersaving options. We have 40 systems with the same age and configuration in the rack. They are connected to different swiches. We turned off all options regarding powersaving.

We try now this option

We added this command to the eerprom and it seems to work on 2 systems. We configurate today the other systems to see if it helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HKATA3
Beginner

Hello,

I got same error ID56 from e1qexpress. 82574L is deployed on mother board, not on a card. So it is impossible to remove from system.

It happened at several my customers, different SW(100M&1G), different applications. Driver versions of NIC are 12.4.38.0 and 12.7.27.0.

It is very hard to reproduce. I succeed once with over 120H network/CPU/memory/Disk load test.

Task Scheduler can trig by this ID and call batch including shutdown /r would work for reboot.

Are there any good way to reset 82574L from software?

And what would be a cause of this problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AvanA
Beginner

Hi Khsoib,

My motherboard supplyer has the solution for me. Today we finished the test. They give us a new BIOS. See change notes below. Because we have it also on other version Intel NIC's I asked them if this solution also work for that. For now we have tested 3 weeks without problems. We had mb that gives problems every 2 hour and also mb that gives problem every week (or longer). We didn't see problems now for 3weeks on any board.

Specification Update of Intel® 82574 by Revision 3.9, we change the BIOS

setting to disable the ASPM Support.

0 Kudos
HKATA3
Beginner

Hello Andame,

Thank you very much for quick response and nice information!

I gonna check it out with MB partner soon.

Regards,

0 Kudos