Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4876 Discussions

intel ethernet 225 slow internet

LordWobuffet
Beginner

ok so...i built pc yesterday and all is well aside of my internet speeds on my laptop i had 50mbps on average on steam now it is 7-12 mbps all the time I have i712700k, msi pro z690-a if that is any help anyone has idea what might be wrong?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello LordWobuffet,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to ask some questions to better understand your concern as well as to provide some recommendations that might help with your concern.

Please advise us the following;

1. What is the guaranteed speed of your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

2. Are you getting the same speed when you are connected to your wifi?

3. What is your established connection?

To check this, please follow our recommended actions for "Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V Unable to Reach Gigabit Speed" on the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058667/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html 

Also just to provide a heads up since you are using an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) ethernet controller which is for your MSI PRO Z690-A, unfortunately we have limited support for this and if we are unable to resolve your concern we might end up recommending you to contact them for best support option.  

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
LordWobuffet
Beginner

guaranteed around 350 mbps 
dont have adapter here buts its similar on my phone while doing speedtest
3im getting around 70-90 on speedtest

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello LordWobuffet,

Thank you for responding and for answering our questions. 

Since you have mentioned that you are getting similar speeds from both your wired and wifi connections, its possible that the fault lies with your ISP connection. 

Please try to check if you have another system that you can test it on and if you will be getting similar results to ensure that this is not a system issue. If it does, we would recommend checking with your ISP.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello LordWobuffet,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello LordWobuffet,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello LordWobuffet,

Before we fully close the case we would like to ask if you are still needing our assistance since we might be able to provide some further assistance. 

If you are, please provide us your SSU (System Support Utility) since you are using an onboard LAN. Please use the steps below;

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. You can post the SSU on this thread.

Also we would like to ask some additional questions as well to further check your concern.

1. Did the issue happen from first integration?

2. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

3. Are both download and upload speed affected with 70-90 mbps?

4. Have you tried contacting your board manufacturer?

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello LordWobuffet,

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request or advise us if you no longer need our assistance.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello LordWobuffet,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos