Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

intel ethernet connection (2) i219 v code 10 Error

Lilvegeta
Beginner

Since updating my motherboard (x299 gaming pro carbon ac (ms-7a95)) my pc no longer detects the internet connection but the wifi still works, in the device manager the intel ethernet connection (2) i219 v drivers does not start code 10 anymore, I uninstalled then installed it but the problem is still there I am on the last version of my motherboard is I am under windows 10 professional version 1909.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lilvegeta,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We are sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your network adapter. 

To better assist you, we need to get some logs from your system. It will tell us the different driver version and components installed on your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Lilvegeta
Beginner

Hello here is the scan you requested I hope this can help you thank you for your answer.

Great services

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lilvegeta,

Thank you for your response.

We have checked the logs, and here are our additional questions and recommendations:

Please answer the following questions:

1. Are we correct on our presumption that you had this issue since you have installed the board?

2. Have you already tried the driver listed on the motheboard’s support site? If you haven’t please completely uninstall the current driver, and install the LAN driver from this site, https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X299-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC#down-bios.

3. If that does not work, we would suggest for you to contact MSI to see if updating the BIOS will help with these kinds of concerns?

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after two business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lilvegeta,

We are just following up.

We understand that it would take time for you to answer the question on our last post.

Due to this reason, we will wait for your answer and should we not hear from you, we will follow up again after 4 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lilvegeta, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
skyring
Beginner

Hi Alfredo
Have same problem
Motherboard H410M-A PRO (MS-7C89)
intel ethernet connection i219 v code 10 Error
Win10 x32 (x86)
last bios version
drivers only for x64
so i found driver on Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10
When I start installation - 

skyring_0-1628841618217.png

So I unpack .exe file by winrar and got folders with *.inf files whre i found my I219-V ethernet driver. But Windows says, that it's work incorrect  

skyring_1-1628841718893.png

Please help me, if you can
Thanks

0 Kudos
bdunny6
Beginner

Hi,

I had this error in device manager & no connection though ethernet:  "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V code 10 this device cannot start"

My motherboard is ASUS z97-pro and my CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K.

I diagnosed by looking at my PC that the light in the ethernet cable port was always lit, even if no cable was present. This always-lit light persisted through reboots.

The way I solved it was shut down the PC completely and turned off power to the PC via the power supply's On/OFF switch at the back for a few minutes and made myself coffee. Then I came back and flipped the switch on the PSU again. The always-lit light in the ethernet port was gone. The ethernet worked again. No more code 10 for me.

0 Kudos