Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

intel galileo gen 2 not connecting to thingspeak

ASing48
Novice

i started working on galileo a few days back and it was going well with sensors working nicely and all. but then i tried to upload the data of sensors to thingspeak using the code from the following link

https://github.com/iobridge/ThingSpeak-Arduino-Examples/blob/master/Ethernet/Arduino_to_ThingSpeak.ino ThingSpeak-Arduino-Examples/Arduino_to_ThingSpeak.ino at master · iobridge/ThingSpeak-Arduino-Examples · GitHub

as it turns out the code allows me to conect to thingspeak but for just one time ie every time i have to upload data to thingspeak i have to upload the program to board again and again. could anyone tell me what's wrong with the code or does it need to be modified to to be used with galileo as it was basically made for arduino

1 Solution
ASing48
Novice

i found the solution apart from the use of 'while' instead of 'if' the if (!client.connected() && lastConnected) should be written as if (client.connected() && lastConnected)....

no more '!'

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Juan_M_Intel
Employee

Hi abhijeetsingh,

It seems to be the same issue reported in /thread/77097 this thread. Let us know if this suggestion work for you as well.

Regards,

JPMontero_Intel
ASing48
Novice

it got the sensors working but the update to thingspeak is still not happening. i waited for about fifteen minutes but nothing. though sensors are constantly showing the values which they were not earlier so that was the plus point.

0 Kudos
ASing48
Novice

i found the solution apart from the use of 'while' instead of 'if' the if (!client.connected() && lastConnected) should be written as if (client.connected() && lastConnected)....

no more '!'

0 Kudos