Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

intel i40 firmware for XL710 NIC

VRedd5
Beginner

Hi,

under the firmware version info, what does all three fields indicates.i think first one is firmware version, second one is ETrakID, What does the third field indicate ?

driver: i40e

version: 1.3.46.1

firmware-version: 5.05 0x80002927 1.1313.0

bus-info: 0000:08:00.0

supports-statistics: yes

supports-test: yes

supports-eeprom-access: yes

supports-register-dump: yes

supports-priv-flags: yes

I am planning to upgrade the firmware version to "5.40 0x80002d35 18.0.17", but i am not able to get the file. Is this specific to any vendor or any dependencies ?

-

Vishruth

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Vishruth,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Communities. If you are using an OEM version XL710, you need to contact the OEM vendor for the customized firmware, the version for Intel retail NIC will not be compatible. You may refer to this link to check if your NIC is an Intel retail version by referring to the website information below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005612/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html List of Supported Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

You are right about the first and second field, we will further check for you about the third field.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vishruth,

The third number is the Combo Boot Image version name which refers to the version of the BootIMG.FLB file. For NVM 6.01 the version is 1.1747.0, the version number you provided is different and this is likely an OEM image. Please let me know if you need clarification.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vishruth,

Please feel free to update us your NIC information or if you need further clarification, do let us know. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Vishruth,

Just to clarify further. The firmware version you planned to upgrade is "5.40 0x80002d35 18.0.17" which has lower version as compare to the original version 5.05 you have. Further, the version # 18.0.17 is not an Intel image version. It is not supported to downgrade Intel retail NIC to OEM firmware. Please let us know further if your planning of upgrade to 5.04 is using other OEM NIC, Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vishruth,

Please feel free to update me the information and if further assistance needed. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos