Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

intel pro/1000 pt bricked?

BMill10
Beginner

I was trying to install an intel pro/1000 pt dual-port card into a Ubuntu linux server computer and ran into the "NVM Checksum is Invalid" message. I tried to run the bootutil utility on the card, but now only ports 1 & 2 show and the mac addresses are gone. Is this card salvageable or is it bricked? I ordered another single-port card, but does anyone know the proper way to handle this issue?

Brian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. Just to check, have you tried using the bootutil to try to reflash: execute the command Bootutil -Nic=x -up (note: x refers to your NIC number, eg. if your NIC appeared as 1 then just put NIC=1).

thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
BMill10
Beginner

I tried this, but it doesn't seem to help. The network address for port 1 is 000000000000 and port 2 is 000000000001. Somehow the network addresses were erased. Any thoughts? I was trying to do a "bootutil -nic=1 -defcfg" to try to get this adapter to work with Ubuntu. But, somewhere in the process it looks like the card went belly up.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the additional information. I managed to find this third party website contain suggestion which might be of help as the case is quite similar. .

https://federicofr.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/guide-intel-82573l-gigabit-ethernet-with-ubuntu-11-04-and-fix-pxe-e05/

Please be informed also this is a third party website which is not of Intel's, the content therein is not control by Intel. You may refer to the information and hope this could be of help.

thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Brian,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed?

Thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos