Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

network card x710-at2 tool to manage the setting

hpzech
Beginner

Hallo

Ich search a tool that manage the intel x710-At2 card on Ubuntu 21. I tried to use ethtool but I don't get access to change the setting also when I work with sudo rights. I download the nvmupdate tools, but I have no access to change any setting as "autoneg off" for example.

the card is installed in a RS7000 A-E11 and I see the following message in the syslog.
[10.172528] kernel: i40e 0000: 41: 00.0: The driver for the device detected a newer version of the NVM image v1.12 than expected v1.9. Please install the most recent version of the network driver.
Do you have a tip how I can configure the card? Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello hpzech,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed, let me check if you are building or designing a board/system with embedded X710-AT2 network card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
hpzech
Beginner

Hello 

It's a PCIE Ethernet Card  - it's not integrated on the motherboard.

Some Information about the ethernet card, see the attachment

Regards

Hpzech

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello hpzech,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. For us to further assist you, let me gather more details about your hardware and we will check if there is a tool that you can use.

1. Can you provide photos of the X710 card on both sides focusing on the markings.
  2. I have been looking up the system RS7000 A-E11, however I cannot find any details about this. Can you provide the brand and model of your board or system?
  3. What is the specific settings that you want to change or manage?
  4. Are you going to update the NVM firmware?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello hpzech,

I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I am just making a follow up on the information that we requested below for us to assist you.

1. Can you provide photos of the X710 card on both sides focusing on the markings.
  2. I have been looking up the system RS7000 A-E11, however I cannot find any details about this. Can you provide the brand and model of your board or system?
  3. What is the specific settings that you want to change or manage?
  4. Are you going to update the NVM firmware?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello hpzech,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos