Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

new lags/sound dropouts/buffering/latency with Ethernet Controller I225-V

Enel
Beginner

Good day,

Unfortunately, since the upgrade to Windows 11, I have had problems with the Ethernet controller. I keep getting lags, sound dropouts, whole system lags and high latency. This is annoying in daily use and also restricts conversations.

As you can see in the screenshot, the ndis.sys driver with the Ethernet Controller I225-V has a high latency. This always occurs when the problems described above occur.

Please help me.

What I have already done:
- Uninstalled the driver via the Device Manager
- Driver reinstalled via: Intel Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack
- I have the feeling that the old driver is always automatically reinstalled.

Best regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Enel
Beginner

It almost looks like Norton is the culprit. I don't believe it. I have just read by chance that AV programmes can cause such "bottlenecks".

I have now uninstalled Norton as a test and no more high latency for almost 10 minutes. Actually these breaks came in almost every minute.

I will observe this during the day and then report back here.

2022-02-15 11_28_13.png

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Enel,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that yo are experiencing issue with your Ethernet Controller I225-V.

As per your latest comment, we will patiently wait for your update regarding your observation. Additionally, please also let us know the brand and model of your system where the Ethernet Controller I225-V.

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

Enel
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

I suspect that in my case it was the AV protection from Norton. I haven't had any problems since I uninstalled it. We have often heard that AV programmes can create a wrong neck and sometimes overshoot the mark with their restrictions.

Ticket can be closed for all I care or remain available for other searchers who have had similar problems to mine.

Attached is a list of my hardware with company, model etc.

Best regards and stay well.

2022-02-16 10_44_47.png2022-02-16 10_44_28.png

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Enel,

Appreciate your swift response.

Thank you as well for sharing the issue resolution. This will indeed help other users having the same issue.

As per your advise, we will now close this ticket. Your time and cooperation for this ticket is highly appreciated. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos