Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

no more I218-LM driver for windows 2019 after windows update

osow
Novice

Hi,

A client of mine update his Windows 2019 (1809) every month.

after the last update (KB5013941), the embeded I208-LM NIC no more run. The hardware management show it with a code 28=no more driver installed.

The NIC runs well before the update.

i download the last driver which appears compliant from:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

online document says this driver is compliant:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/728347/readme_27.2.txt

But setup this driver do not install drive for this NIC.

Can someone help me ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
osow
Novice

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I finally get my answer: the mother board is a JETWAY NAF791-Q370

this mother board has a Intel I211-AT NIC but this NIC has no driver W2019 compatible, so client install a I218-LM driver to run the NIC

a windows update process uninstall  the driver, i just re-install and the NIC runs again

Thank for your support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello osow,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we can provide any recommendations, we would just like to confirm if you are using a discreet NIC or an embedded NIC for your I208-LM? 

If you are using a discreet please provide us a photo of the markings both front and back so we can validate if you are using a retail card or an OEM card. However if you are using an embedded ethernet adapter, please provide us the exact model of your mother board. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
osow
Novice

Hi,

First, sorry for my mistaping: the NIC is a I218-LM and not a I208-LM

The card is embed to the motherboard, i don't know the model of the Mother board, i will try to get this information. I already tried via software to know this information unsuccessfully (msinfo32, cpuid, wmi return no information)

Thank for your time

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello osow,

Thank you for advising. If you are unable to provide us the model of your mother board please provide us instead the SSU logs so we can have a look on your system and check for any unusual activities as well. 

Please follow the steps below to generate your SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

*Windows 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

*Linux

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html?

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a tick on "Everything" when scanning the log.

4. You can attach the logs on the thread.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
osow
Novice

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I finally get my answer: the mother board is a JETWAY NAF791-Q370

this mother board has a Intel I211-AT NIC but this NIC has no driver W2019 compatible, so client install a I218-LM driver to run the NIC

a windows update process uninstall  the driver, i just re-install and the NIC runs again

Thank for your support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello osow,

Thank you very much for informing us, we are glad that you were able to find a solution for your concern. We would just like to confirm if we can already close the case if you have no other concerns, please advise us.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello osow,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello osow,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
osow
Novice

Hi, sorry for the delay. yes you can close this thread

0 Kudos