Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

onboard i211AT not installing with the 26.7 driver on windows server 2022

timsoft
Beginner

I have an onboard i211AT which is identified in windows as PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1539&SUBSYS_15391849&REV_3 (as shown in device manager)

According to the support list it should be supported by the intel Wired_driver_26.7_x64 driver.exe for windows 2022 server, but although I don't get any error or warning messages when running the exe installer, the device still shows up with yellow exclaimation mark, and as not having a driver.

extracting the contents of the PRO1000\Winx64\WS2022 from the installer, I can see that in the e1r.inf file it mentions the PCI\VEN_8086&DV_1539 but does not mention any subsys numbers.

Any ideas on how to get this netcard to be recognised.?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello timsoft,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since you mentioned that you are using an onboard I211-AT ethernet controller, can we ask what is the exact model of your mother board? 

Also just to give you a heads up since this is an 3rd party OEM ethernet controller we have limited support that we can provide for this however we will try to provide our best effort for your concern.  

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
timsoft
Beginner

it is an Asrock X570M Pro4 motherboard with GigaLAN intel I211AT

( I have the chipset drivers installed and graphics installed. It is just the ethernet which is proving problematic)

I appreciate any assistance you can give, even if is not "official support".

thanks

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello timsoft,

Thank you for advising, we will have this check. Is it okay if we can ask you to provide us between 3-4 business days? Once we have any information that we can share with you, we will notify you immediately instead. Thank you and happy holidays!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
timsoft
Beginner

sure, considering the time of year :-).

Is that likely to be before 2022.?

If I don't hear from yourselves before then, have a good holiday break yourselves.

regards, Tim

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello timsoft,

We will try checking if we can provide a recommendation within 3-4 business days. Hopefully if we can get an update before the year passes, we will inform you immediately instead. Thank you and have a nice day! 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello timsoft,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

As per checking, based on the Ethernet Controller validation OS list, the driver support is only up to Windows 10. It does not support Windows 2016 and 2019. The Expected Discontinuance of I211-AT will be on first half on 2022 so there might not be an available future Intel drivers for Windows 2022.

Please use the link below as reference for the "Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM)."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Also what we can recommend instead is to check with Asrock if they have available drivers because they also have an OS validation for their X570M Pro4 motherboard.

However if Asrock cannot provide drivers, you may check with Windows support if they can provide a Windows 2022 generic or embedded driver for the Ethernet Controller.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello timsoft,

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello timsoft,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
timsoft
Beginner

Hi, I had a look inside the LAN_Wired_driver_26.7_x64, and under the PRO1000\Winx64\WS2022 directory, and there are references to the I211 (E1539NC) device, but they don't appear to be complete enough to work. It looks as if from a driver/software side, there is not much difference between the I210 and I211 apart from the pci subsys number and version.

Is it just a question of updationg/fixing the e1r.inf file to add support?

(I have looked at the asrock I211 driver and it is similar)

I have  added a cheap realek pci gigabit card (which just works), to take the pressure off server delivery times, but it would seems a shame if the intel based onboard gigabit lan doesn't work for (potentially) the lack of a fixed .inf file or other minor issue.

0 Kudos