Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

problem network connectivity Intel I219

peterpl
Beginner

Hallo,

I have the following cofiguration Yealink T53W connected to the network. pc Port HP Elite Desk Intel I219-LM. 2 VLANS one voice Prio 7 one prio 1. Issues Connection gets lost, Speed somteimes very slow, 10 Mbit instead 112 MBit (Gigabit Net), Paketloss

Intel management says:

Status der Kabelqualität : Fehlgeschlagen
Entweder ist die Kabelqualität mangelhaft oder es ist kein Kabel angeschlossen. Mögliche Ursachen: Fehlerhaftes Kabel, fehlerhafter Anschluss oder keine Übereinstimmung von Geschwindigkeit/Duplex. Stellen Sie sicher, dass die Einstellung für Geschwindigkeit/Duplex auf dem Switch/Hub für automatische Verhandlung konfiguriert ist.
Status der Kabelintegrität : Fehlgeschlagen
Der Test hat eine schlechte Verbindung festgestellt. Entfernung zum Problem: 65535 Meter.

Cable Length 5 Meters in real. Ive changed Speed from auto to all other possibilties. Didnt work. PC direct connected no problems. Another NIC Broadcom no problems. Older Driver didnt work. Very strange.

Ifound similar postings in the www. But nothing did work.

Anyone any idea

Greetings Peter

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Peter, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed, we'd like to set your expectation that we might have a limited support on this on as you are using Ethernet controller that's embedded with HP system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can also get in touch with HP for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. But no worries as we will also provide our best effort support to assist you.

Kindly provide the following information that would help in checking your request. 

1. Is this a newly purchased system?

2. When was the issue first encountered?

3. Is there any software or hardware changes prior to the issue? 

4. Can you share the cable type used? I tried to translate using our translator tool and the problem is pointing out the cable. 

Cable Quality Status : Failed

Either the cable quality is poor or there is no cable connected. Possible causes: Faulty cable, faulty connection, or no speed/duplex match. Ensure that the Speed/Duplex setting on the switch/hub is configured for automatic negotiation.

Cable Integrity Status : Failed

The test found a poor connection. Distance to problem: 65535 meters.

If in case you are not using Cat 6 cable, will you be able to try it out to further isolate the issue as mentioned on link below?

How to troubleshoot Intel® Ethernet Adapters Gigabit speed issues?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000035045/network-and-io.html

5. Please share the exact model of your HP unit for our record purposes. 

6. You mentioned that you tried older driver. Can you share where was the driver obtained? Is it from Intel or HP? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
peterpl
Beginner

Dear Crisselle C.,

thanks for your advices. After changing the Networkkkabel, there are no longer Problems (NIC is direct connected to our LAN). If the PC is connected to the PC-Port of the Yealink Phone T53W the Problems still occour. So I believe, that there is a Problem between NIC (Driver latest) and the switching function of the softphone (latest firmware). Other NIC`s do not have a problem with this configuration (tested Dell and Realtek). Our latest PC´s and Notebooks are HP with Intel NIC. So this is a big Problem for us.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Im Auftrag

--

Peter Girmscheid

0 Kudos
peterpl
Beginner

Dear Crisselle C.,

thanks a lot. As you could mention, this is not what i hoped it would do. So one last Question. Is there a possibilty to get earlier Versions of the Driverpackage perhaps 26.0 and or earlier. So I could testify if they work. I would submit my efforts to you.

Greetings from Germany and thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
peterpl
Beginner

Dear Crisselle C.,

i have testet the configuration on an Yealink t31 The Result was the same as on the t53w.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Peter, 

Thank you for the reply. 

We are sorry to hear that the issue is still present if the PC is connected to the PC-Port of the Yealink Phone T53W.

Since you mentioned that there are no problem if NIC is connected directly to your LAN, this issue could be related to compatibility of the phone and your system. Please refer to below items to check if it will help fixing the problem. 

1. Will you be able to try using the driver that can be downloaded from your manufacturer's website? As we suggested on our initial response, your Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

https://support.hp.com/my-en/drivers

2. You may also try troubleshooting steps from link below and check if it will help.

Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V Intermittently Disconnects from the Internet

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059067/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

If issue still occurs after the steps above, we highly suggest contacting your system or phone manufacturer to check compatibility issue and if there is any configuration that needs to be done. 

Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html

Official HP Support

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Peter,

You're welcome. 

Can you confirm if you already tried the steps from our previous post but still encounter the same issue?

To answer your question, here is the link for version 26.0 Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/30294/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

If you also wish to try older version of Intel driver, you may click on the drop down button under 'Version' and select the package version you want to test. 

Sharing with you as well the download link for Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-LM

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/82185/intel-ethernet-connection-i219lm/downloads.html

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
peterpl
Beginner

Thanks a lot. I will try next week and report about I hope scuccessfully efforts.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Peter,

No worries at all, glad to be of help. 

We will patiently wait for your update and in case we don't hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 business days. 

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
peterpl
Beginner

Dear Crisselle C.,

we`ve tried all availible Driver Packages. The problem stays the same. We will contact the company that sold us the phones. I believe that the structure of the packet passing of the yeahlink phones does not fit to all network regulations. But i fear that they will tell us that this is a problem of the nics.

We`ll see.

I will tell you when there are any new Informatios.

Thanks a lot for your fast and professional support.

Best regards,

Peter 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Peter,

Appreciate your effort in sending us an update. 

We are sorry to hear that you are encountering the same issue after trying out older driver packages.

You may also consider contacting HP support and check if there will be any suggestion that they can provide. You may share this thread link as a reference that you also tried fixing the issue. 

Official HP Support

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Awaiting to hear from you soon. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
peterpl
Beginner

Dear Crisselle C.,

i have tried a Fujitsu LIfebook with I219-lm. The resulsts are more or less the same as on HP. Sometimes poor Downloadrate sometimes Connection losses. Similar Problems were reported on Mac-Books. Up to now I don`t which NICs are built in.

I will tell  you.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello peter,

Thank you for the update. We are sorry to hear that the issue is also present on Fujitsu laptop. 

Can you share if you already tried contacting Yealink (phone manufacturer) to check if this is a known issue, needs Firmware update or if they have other troubleshooting to recommend? We highly suggest contacting them as the issue is unusual as it properly works when directly connected to Internet.

You may refer to Yealink Website

https://www.yealink.com/product/voice-communication-t53w

Contact Support for Yealink

https://ticket.yealink.com/page/create-ask.html?questionType=4

Feel free to let us know if there is any other assistance needed on this matter. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello peter,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you received our previous update. If yes, please confirm and let us know if there is any other assistance needed for this request and we will be glad to be of help.

Awaiting to hear from you soon. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello peter,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
peterpl
Beginner

Dear Crisselle C.,

haven`t got any informations from Yeahlink. So you can close the ticket. If there is anything new about the case, I will inform you asap.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the update.

We will now proceed with closure. If you need any additional assistance from us, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a great weekend ahead and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos