Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

"Flash is too small" BootUtil

wronglebowski
Beginner

Hello, I have a NIC I'm having trouble with. I've got a "Intel 10 Gigabit XF SR Server Adapter EXPX9501AFXSR". My OS throwing errors on boot regarding "EEPROM Checksum is not valid" and "IFDI_ATTACH_PRE failed 5" See images attached. 

I figured the best way to resolve the issue would be to flash the firmware again, so I attempted to run BootUtil versions as old as 22.10(oldest available) and they error out with "Flash is too small". I know this must be incorrect because I've used BootUtil to flash this before. Is there any way to force a flash?

Thanks

Paul

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Paul,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with your Intel 10 Gigabit XF SR Server Adapter EXPX9501AFXSR

To proceed checking your request, kindly provide the following information. 

1. Operating System used

2. Do you encounter any other issues aside from throwing errors on boot regarding "EEPROM Checksum is not valid" and "IFDI_ATTACH_PRE failed 5"?

3. When was the issue first encountered?

4. How long is the Ethernet adapter worked fine?

5. Is there any software or hardware changes prior to issue?

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
wronglebowski
Beginner

1. TrueNAS(FreeNAS) Based on FreeBSD 12

2. None

3. About a week ago. I powered down the server because I was going on vacation. On powering it back on a week later I saw this error.

4. At least six months

5. No other environment changes, software or hardware wise.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Paul,

Thank you for providing the information requested. 

Please allow us to further investigate your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Paul,

Apologies for the delay on this matter. 

We regret to inform you that due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Discontinued Products

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Our sincerest apologies again for the inconvenience that this might have caused.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos