Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4853 Discussions

"NO Intel adapters are present in this computer" - PRO/1000 PT dual NIC in ASUS P8Z77-M Pro issue

JEskr
Beginner

Recently added Pro/1000 PT dual port card to the last PCIe2.0 slot on P8Z77-M Pro motherboard. slot was recently used for sound card and RAID card with no issues.

Added Pro/1000 PT NIC to Win10 Creators updated system and it came up working with no issues, streaming data, connecting to my NAS and everything, with ONLY that NIC being used.

Downloaded drivers and tools and try and get advanced features running but run into the same issue. ALL installers think there is no card in the system.

When I run the Intel Driver Support Assistant is tells me that the card is using driver version 9.13.41.3 dated 9/29/2011! and there are no software updates available and the device is working properly. Is this correct??

But yet any installer for Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack versions 22.10, 22.9, 22.3 show the dreaded "No Intel Adapter are present in this computer"

Running the PROADMIN tool for the same version numbers just gets me a directory that had no further installer tools.

So far I have tried to uninstall the drivers/reboot/install drivers with no change in results.

Also have powered down, uninstalled card, reseated, and rebooted with no change.

Am lost and frustrated and just want to bond these damn ports.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JEskr
Beginner

also forgot to mention that I even tried the installer CD that came with card which had version 17.4 drivers and still "No Intel adapters in this computer" jazz.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JasonE,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. I am sorry to hear what happened. The PRO/1000 PT Dual port server adapter does not have the PROSet software support for Windows 10. Please refer to this website https://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-035770.htm.

As you can see PT dual port has only inbox driver support which means you can install it with the driver from the OS but no PROSet software for advance teaming feature.

Hope the above information clarified. Please feel free to update me if you need clarification.

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
JEskr
Beginner

so you are saying that IF i get the Intel I350-T2 Intel Ethernet Server Adapter card then all will be swell and I can do teaming in Win10? Using the latest Intel drivers 22.10??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JasonE,

The I350-T2 has full support driver which means it has PROSet software support containing the teaming feature. You can team this network adapter in Windows 10 using the PROSet software version 22.10.

Please take note of the following important information regarding teaming in Windows* 10
  • If you are running Windows 10 Anniversary edition (RS1), you will need to install Intel LAN software v22.1 or newer.
  • If you are running Windows 10 Creators Update (RS2), you will need to install Intel LAN software v22.3 or newer.

Note: If you are running Windows 10 Creators Update (RS2) and are using Intel LAN software release v22.1 or v22.2, ANS will not function until you update to the Intel LAN software v22.3 or newer.

Hope the above information help.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
JEskr
Beginner

also wondering, will this Pro 1000/PT card still do teaming if I put it in a Windows 7 or 8 system?

thanks for your help.

Jason

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JasonE,

You can team PRO/1000 PT Dual port server adapter in Windows* 7 and Windows* 8 as there are drivers provided from Intel. Please refer to the links below:

1) Windows 7

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005519/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2) Windows 8 (However, there is a note though the Intel driver is provided but was not certified, please refer to the special note for Windows 8 )

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005809/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

* Intel is providing these drivers as a convenience to customers who want to use older devices with Windows 8* or Windows Server 2012*. Although these drivers are certified for Windows 7* and Windows Server 2008 R2*, they are not certified for Windows 8 and or Windows Server 2012. These drivers have not had the exhaustive level of testing usually done by Intel.

Intel has tested basic installation and functionality in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 including advanced features such as teaming and configuring VLANs. Intel does not plan to certify drivers for these devices for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.

Intel recommends that users who plan to use Microsoft Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 use newer devices with certified drivers.

Hope the above information help and please do let me know if you need clarification.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JasonE,

Please feel free to update me if you still have other inquiries.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos