Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

selecting nic properties slow

swamithanj
Novice

Hi

In newly built windows 2012 r2 server, whenever I am selecting the properties of nic takes long time to open and I have seen that during this slowness , found that Wmiprvse is consuming 2 to 3 % CPU which is seem to be normal value but the device manager stucks in the screen until the properties get open.

Brand of the Ethernet card is Intel, Brand of the server is Dell R740

technet .jpg

Still the server is being in build phase only ,not yet brought to production .

Any help is highly appreciated

Thanks & regards

S.Swaminathan

Live & and let others live!!!

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Same topic is posted by me on https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f4e0bff-e04a-4fed-87f5-d504cea747f2/selecting-nic-properties-slow?forum=winservergen

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

0 Kudos
1 Solution
swamithanj
Novice

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply , I found that the issue was in the ANS of Intel Proset( iScsi feature is already not selected ) , removing that , restarting the server, resolved the issue .

May I know what is the reason why ANS causes the issue in these servers?

Best regards,

Swaminathan S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello swamithanj, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. I need to gather more information for me to further check this issue. Please provide the following details. 1. Have you tried opening the properties of other devices in device manager? Are you getting the same issue? 2. Have you tried updating the drivers including your chipset driver? 3. What are some of the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far? Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
swamithanj
Novice

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the reply, Please find the actions taken from my side during the troubleshooting

1. Have you tried opening the properties of other devices in device manager? Are you getting the same issue?

Only the network interface controllers properties are having this issue

2. Have you tried updating the drivers including your chipset driver?

I have run the latest SUU from Dell , thereby all the drivers are up to date

3. What are some of the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

Disabled all the nic's , Intel(R) Gigabit 4P I350-t rNDC & Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710 and tried to open the properties connecting to the server via iDRAC , same symptom

But when opening the team adapter Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver ' properties , it opens instantly

From this point , I am suspecting the Intel driver related issues which is causing the mentioned delay .

N.B: I checked the same thing in another new build server with the same specifications deployed using the same ISO. Exactly the same problem exists.

Thanks ,

Regards,

Swaminathan S

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello swamithanj, Please download the System Support Utility from the link below, and attach a log file for us to investigate this issue. 1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 2- Open SSU.exe 3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". 4- When finished scanning, click "Next". 5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello swamithanj, Just want to make a follow up on the SSU that I requested. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello swamithanj, Sending another reminder on the SSU that we asked. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
swamithanj
Novice

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply , I found that the issue was in the ANS of Intel Proset( iScsi feature is already not selected ) , removing that , restarting the server, resolved the issue .

May I know what is the reason why ANS causes the issue in these servers?

Best regards,

Swaminathan S

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello swamithanj,

This is a possible driver issue and I am happy that everything seems fine now.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos