Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

soooo...is APN supported in Windows 10 1703 for the 1219/1211?

ssean3
Beginner

I'm really confused. I'm getting conflicting answers. I just need to know if NIC teaming works with the latest versions of Windows (1703)

from the driver page for the 1219:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10-?product=82186 Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10*

" Intel® ANS is only supported on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update"

However, referencing this page, it looks like it IS working? for some people?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

Sorry for the confusion, SW release 22.3 supports teaming and VLAN in Windows 10 Creators Update, We've already updated the description in the driver link to reflect the update.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

Thanks for updating that!

However, I did get ANS working on windows 10 CU, and I can create teams, however, after the team is created, the team shows "DISABLED" in network settings. The teamed adapters are active and receiving traffic. I checked in devmgr, and the team aapater is not disabled.

Any ideas why it's showing disabled?

thx,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree, please share a screenshot of the "disabled" team and the configured team type.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

You will see the Team is the bottom left box, and the two teamed nics are the middle bottom, and right bottom. You will see in the top right box, the status is disabled. If I right click and click ENABLE, it stays disabled. You will also see that in the top right box (DEVMGR) that the Team is NOT disabled.

0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

did you see my screenshot? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree, Thanks for sharing the screenshots, let me check this internally and update the thread as soon as possible.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree, I've tried the same team type in my win10 CU (build 15063) system but failed to encounter your issue. Sharing the steps below.

1. setup switch ports to static LAG

2. create static Link aggregation team using i219-V and another Intel network adapter (not i211)

3. both i219-V and intel network adapter shows as "Active" in team properties window

4. team adapter shows as "enabled" in Network connection window

You've mentioned in your previous post that your static link aggregation team is passing traffic, it's just the status reflects as "disabled". This might be isolated to your system only. Kindly help to check with you system manufacturer if other similar system user also encounters the same issue.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

Wait you Said "(not i211)" WHy did you say NOT? Yes, that's the other NIC i'm setting up the team with.

Also, a couple questions:

What's the proper order to set up the team?

1. Install the updated ANS driver

2. Set the Router settings to LAG

3. Unplug both the nics from the router?? I saw in the info that they should be in a down state?

4. Set up team

5. plug both NICs back into the router?

SHould there a be a reboot in there somewhere?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree, Apologies for the confusion, My setup is I219-V Ethernet controller + discreet Intel(R) network adapter.

Additional details of my testing:

1. Install the ANS driver

2. setup switch:

a. create LAG group

b. assign ports to LAG group

c. select static link aggregation

d. disable STP

3. Create static link aggregation team in ANS

4. plug in the NIC ports to switch, status shows as "active" in team properties window and "enabled" in network connection windows

5. reboot PC

6. checked the status in team properties and network connection properties

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

VINCE!

You're the man! THANK YOU! Not sure if it was the order I was doing it in, or the NEW NEW driver that was just released, but I got it working!

Couple more minor questions to wrap things up.

On my router's config page for VLANs/Teaming, It has an option for "TRUNK" and "tagged" on ports 3 & 4 (which are the ports the two teamed NICs are connected to)

Should I have Trunk and Tagged enabled?

THX!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree, glad to know it's already working. You can try to select "Trunk" under your Link Aggregation Group in router.

regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree,

Please let me if you still need assistance regarding I219-V and I211 Ethernet Connection.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos