Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4859 Discussions

unattended install of X520-2 driver

idata
Employee

I have a cluster of ~150 machines with X520-2 network adapters. What's the easiest way to upgrade the entire cluster to the latest version of the driver? I downloaded PROWinx64.exe which will upgrade an individual machine but with GUI interaction - is there some way to run this binary in an unattended or silent mode?

Thanks,

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Extract the files from the web pack download using winzip, winrar or a similar program.

Here is the command line for installing silently:

\APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64>DxSetup.exe /qn

The installation is completely silent, so you won't see any feedback. I just ran this on my laptop to upgrade the driver, and it worked perfectly. The readme file on the download page has other command line options, but I think the line above is all you will need.

I hope this helps.

Mark H

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Extract the files from the web pack download using winzip, winrar or a similar program.

Here is the command line for installing silently:

\APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64>DxSetup.exe /qn

The installation is completely silent, so you won't see any feedback. I just ran this on my laptop to upgrade the driver, and it worked perfectly. The readme file on the download page has other command line options, but I think the line above is all you will need.

I hope this helps.

Mark H

0 Kudos