Ethernet Products
Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
3704 Discussions

unattended install of X520-2 driver

idata
Community Manager

I have a cluster of ~150 machines with X520-2 network adapters. What's the easiest way to upgrade the entire cluster to the latest version of the driver? I downloaded PROWinx64.exe which will upgrade an individual machine but with GUI interaction - is there some way to run this binary in an unattended or silent mode?

Thanks,

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Extract the files from the web pack download using winzip, winrar or a similar program.

Here is the command line for installing silently:

\APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64>DxSetup.exe /qn

The installation is completely silent, so you won't see any feedback. I just ran this on my laptop to upgrade the driver, and it worked perfectly. The readme file on the download page has other command line options, but I think the line above is all you will need.

I hope this helps.

Mark H

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Extract the files from the web pack download using winzip, winrar or a similar program.

Here is the command line for installing silently:

\APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64>DxSetup.exe /qn

The installation is completely silent, so you won't see any feedback. I just ran this on my laptop to upgrade the driver, and it worked perfectly. The readme file on the download page has other command line options, but I think the line above is all you will need.

I hope this helps.

Mark H

View solution in original post