Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

x540 t2 rj45 10g ethernet tftp timeout

sahinms
Beginner

hi. i have dell and supermicro brand x540 t2 rj45 10g ethernet cards. I have a slackware linux diskless server. I have the Mikrotik CRS326-24G-25 + RM switch and mikrotik S + RJ10 10g rj45 sfp hardware. client computers report tftp timeout errors. If I get the ethernet card from 10g port to 1g port, the client computers boot without any problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello sahinms,

Thank you so much for sending the pictures of the card. And upon further inspection, this card is indeed an OEM card. As much as we want to help you on the connection it is best to contact Dell and/or Supermicro regarding this issue. They should have a list of supported SFP+ cables for their card and they should assist you with the installation and setup. Even if they are using Intel X540 chip, there is big chance that these cards are altered depending on their design.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello sahinms,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. When you say Dell and Supermicro brand x540, these are OEM cards and using RJ45?
  2. If you have an image of the card with visible markings, can you send them for me to check?
  3. What is the brand and model of the RJ45 SFP?
  4. Can you share any screenshot of the issue?
  5. What are the troubleshooting's steps that you tried so far?
  6. Kindly generate the SSU logs of the system, please download the SSU file below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-the-Linux-Operating-System?wapkw=ssu

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
sahinms
Beginner

rj45 sfp model mikrotik S + RJ10. I updated the firmware of the card in windows environment in order to solve the problem. visuals are attached.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello sahinms,

I am really sorry, I cannot see the branding and the markings of the card. And can you send the SSU file via private message to me? I need to further check this issue. And also, what is the brand and model of the server system?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello sahinms,

Thank you for sending the SSU logs via private message, however the logs is empty. Please help generate the logs and click in scan everything for us to see more details about the system. And if you can send more pictures of the network cards with clear markings, that would help us identify the cards and further assist you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello sahinms,

Thank you so much for sending the pictures of the card. And upon further inspection, this card is indeed an OEM card. As much as we want to help you on the connection it is best to contact Dell and/or Supermicro regarding this issue. They should have a list of supported SFP+ cables for their card and they should assist you with the installation and setup. Even if they are using Intel X540 chip, there is big chance that these cards are altered depending on their design.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos