Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

xl710 interoperability problem

Maksim
Beginner

Hello, friends!

I have a test stand with TRex 2,82 server with 2x40g NIC (XL710, fw 8.0, driver 2.12.6).
Sometimes the link state goes down while I'm testing my DUT.

In TRex forum I get an answer from developers, that it's interoperability issue (not software).
The link to the forum theme below:
https://groups.google.com/g/trex-tgn/c/SFyAMVuP8GM
There is a video with testing process where you can see how link state acts during the test...

Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
31 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Maksim,

Thank you for providing that information. No problem regarding the late reply, we completely understand.

We will continue checking this and the information that provided is invaluable to us.

Please allow us some time to check on this. We hope for your understanding regarding this

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Maksim,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

After checking, we found out that the ethernet adapter that you are using is OEM distributed. The firmware on is also third party, because the highest we have is 7.3. Please get in touch with your system manufacturer, because other factors maybe causing the issue.

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Maksim
Beginner

Hi, @AlfredoS_Intel 

I don't understand some moments of your reply...

Yes it is OEM - the Manufacturer is "Intel Corporation". so I am contacting you, cause you are from intel community. Is that right or whom should I contact?

I thought the highest firmware you have is 8.0 - I got mine from intel download center . Why you called it third party?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Maksim,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Maksim,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to carry out the recommendations that we have provided.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Maksim, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Max,

Thank you for patiently waiting for an update.

To confirm, we do have firmware version 8.0 in our system. After checking the markings that you have provided, the card that you are using is OEM distributed, meaning it is not one of the boxed version that we provided. Since it is OEM distributed, they may have applied their own firmware or customizations on the adapter. You may be seeing Intel manufactured on the chips, however the whole product is OEM distributed. Please check with your system manufacturer, if they have their own firmware release or driver release.

We will be waiting for your update. Should we not hear from you, we will provide you with an update no later than October 21, 2020.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"we will provide you with an update no later than October 8, 2020."

But, October 8 was 8 days ago.<G>

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi AlHill,

Thanks for notifying us about the date. Edits done on the post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Maksim,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to carry out the recommendations that we have provided.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Maksim, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos