FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5787 Discussions

100G core missing SOP/EOP handling on TX

DanD
Beginner

How does the Stratix 10 low-latency 100G core handle missing SOP or EOP on its TX interface? (l8_tx_*)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I would expect the Tx MAC IP to wait for the completion of either missing SOP or EOP then assert l8_txstatus_error[6:0].

However, this issue shouldn't happen in the first place and should be taken care by the HOST application.

• If worst case there is issue with transmitted packet then I expect the HOST application to assert "l8_tx_error" to alert TX MAC IP

Feel free to play around and test it out in simulation design

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I would expect the Tx MAC IP to wait for the completion of either missing SOP or EOP then assert l8_txstatus_error[6:0].

However, this issue shouldn't happen in the first place and should be taken care by the HOST application.

• If worst case there is issue with transmitted packet then I expect the HOST application to assert "l8_tx_error" to alert TX MAC IP

Feel free to play around and test it out in simulation design

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

View solution in original post