FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5949 Discussions

2D FIR Filter II IP Core

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am looking for the 2d fir filter ii ip core which is described in the video and image processing suite user guide. But I just cannot find it. I have Quartus 13.1 installed, and this core is not listed within megawizard. I cannot find information on Google either as to where to find it. Could anyone kindly point me to the right direction? 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In Quartus 13.0 SP2 it's under DSP/Video and Image Processing in the MegaWizard Plug-In Manager. Some things changed in 13.1 but I would be surprised if they moved the VIP cores. I assume you know that the VIP cores are not free with Quartus. You have to license the VIP suite separately. 

Hope this helps.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

well this is the place where I expected it to be. But here's the list of IP cores I've got: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13095&stc=1  

the version II of the 2D filter is not available. I can generate and simulate the filter v13.1 without any license warning, so I guess my Quartus license is enough (?). 

I have now installed Quartus 16.1 (30-days free license), an under its Qsys GUI I can see the desired core: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13096&stc=1  

so it may be a tool issue. It may be a license issue. Regardless, it is really tough to find relevant info.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The 2D FIR Filter *II* IP core is new in 16.1 so you will not find it in 13.1. 

The video IP cores have not been visible standalone since a few releases so the legacy 2D FIR Filter I video IP core will be in 13.1 but perhaps you may have to instantiate it through qsys.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you vgs, I came to the same conclusion (only available in 16.1). Sadly I am to work under 13.1. 

It would help if this was mentioned in the Video and Image Processing guide..