FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5890 Discussions

40Gb Ethernet HSSI MAC/PHY IP does not work on Arria-10

SXian3
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to run the 40Gb Ethernet MAC/PHY IP provided by the OPAE. I am using the fpga-pac-a10 severs. Two problems I have here:

1. When testing the pre-built GBS from the example design with `hssi_loopback` utility, it complains that it cannot initialize the AFU.

$ hssi_loopback readmacs -B 0xAF Found e40 Error initializing accelerator

2. I also developed a simple AFU using `eth_e2e_e40` module provided in the example design. When running the example on Arria-10, the start signal of this module was set high, but the module never receives any non-zero PrMgmtCmd from the HSSI interface, and the `init_done` signal is always low (i.e. it is never initialized properly).

The PrMgmtCmd should have been configured correctly by writing the corresponding CSRs in the software using the `fpgaHssiSendPacket` API. What is the problem here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

From my understanding, you have issue on using the Intel Vlab servers. Please create a forum case on https://forums.intel.com/s/group/0F90P00000018wRSAQ/harp which will help you on resolving issue related to the Intel Vlab servers.