FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

40Gb Ethernet HSSI MAC/PHY IP does not work on Arria-10

SXian3
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to run the 40Gb Ethernet MAC/PHY IP provided by the OPAE. I am using the fpga-pac-a10 severs. Two problems I have here:

1. When testing the pre-built GBS from the example design with `hssi_loopback` utility, it complains that it cannot initialize the AFU.

$ hssi_loopback readmacs -B 0xAF Found e40 Error initializing accelerator

2. I also developed a simple AFU using `eth_e2e_e40` module provided in the example design. When running the example on Arria-10, the start signal of this module was set high, but the module never receives any non-zero PrMgmtCmd from the HSSI interface, and the `init_done` signal is always low (i.e. it is never initialized properly).

The PrMgmtCmd should have been configured correctly by writing the corresponding CSRs in the software using the `fpgaHssiSendPacket` API. What is the problem here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

From my understanding, you have issue on using the Intel Vlab servers. Please create a forum case on https://forums.intel.com/s/group/0F90P00000018wRSAQ/harp which will help you on resolving issue related to the Intel Vlab servers.

0 Kudos