FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

5M1270ZT144I5N Migration to 5M2210ZT144A4N

Mangala
Beginner

Hi,

We are using 5M1270ZT144I5N, because of its unavailability we could able to find 5M2210ZT144A4N. We need a confirmation that by increasing the size of logic elements from 1270 to 2210 is their any firmware changes required or not?

And also Operating temperature is changed from Industrial grade (+100C) to Automotive(+125C),is their any changes required with this?

Also speed is reduced to 4, from 5. Is their any firmware change required?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

There's no need to recompile as programming and configuration files are speed independent. You can refer to our KDB below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000078612.html

Regards,

Aiman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

What do you mean by firmware changes?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Mangala
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

I had mentioned firmware changes, that means do we need to recompile the code by making above changes.

Thanks

Mangala

0 Kudos
Mangala
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

We are planning to for for faster speed i.e, from 5 to 4 and also number of logic elements are increasing from 1270 to 2210.

Our concern is that do we need to recompile the bit file by going to above changes?

Kindly share your comments on the same.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes, you will need to recompile as it has a different number of cells and a thus a different configuration file is required.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Mangala
Beginner

Thanks Aiman,

One more clarification required on same part is:

Existing part: 5M1270ZT144I5N: Industrial grade and 5 speed

Replacement part: 5M1270ZT144A4N: Automotive and 4 speed

In that case, only the change of temperature and speed will be implemented, is recompilation necessary in this case too?

Awaiting for your feedback

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

No need to recompile. For speed grade migration from faster to slower, it is good to do the timing analysis to make sure it will work properly.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Mangala
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

Actually the requirement is to migrate from slower speed to faster i.e, from 5 to 4(4 being fastest). Will this require recompilation?

You mention no recompilation required for migrating speed faster to slower.

Thanks

Mangala

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

There's no need to recompile as programming and configuration files are speed independent. You can refer to our KDB below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000078612.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos