FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

A10 PCIe Device not seen by Windows

MikeH1
Beginner

As shown in SigTap snapshot below, there is an extra pulse of app_nreset_status at sample 61.  When this happens, the PCIe device does not enumerate correctly in Windows.

I also have a dump of raw data values for capture below if that helps.

Any ideas what could cause this extra reset to be issued?

Thanks.

PCIe_Error12.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know which device family you are using? Could you share the stp file?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
MikeH1
Beginner

Device is Arria10  (10AS016C4U19E3SG)

.stp and a text dump of capture is attached.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know what is the speed and link width you are trying to achieve? Could you check if the power supply (VCCR_GXB) is set correctly in the Assignment editor and measure the power supply (VCCR_GXB) supplied to FPGA board is matched with voltage set in the design setting?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
MikeH1
Beginner

PCIe Core mode is set to:  Gen3 X2, 128bit, 125MHz

VCCR_GXB is 1.03V when measured on the board (pins J19 and J20).

I don't see where these pins (J19 and J20) are called out in the assignment editor, where are these located?

Thx.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may set the assignment using the pin planner or assignment editor

For Pin Planner

1. Right-click on a blank area in the All Pins list and select Customized Columns
  2. Select VCCR_GXB / VCCT_GXB Voltage from Available Columns and click the> button
  3. Make sure it is added to the All Pins list and select the transceiver pin voltage you want to change

■ For Assignment Editor

1. Register the corresponding XCVR pin name in the To field
  2. Select VCCR_GXB / VCCT_GXB Voltage in the Assignment Name field
  3. Select the voltage of the corresponding XCVR pin

From the Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) for Arria 10 PCIe Link Up Issue

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/FTA-PCI-express/ta-p/735993, I believe you are at Is rx_std_signaldetect asserted (Hypothesis 4). Can you try the suggestions in FTA_Table_View (No 4)?

If the suggestions in the FTA are not helpful, could you try to run at lower speed and see if this is a problem running at Gen3?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know if you have any updates?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos