FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

ALT2GXB - can't edit in Quartus 10.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I've ported a project from 9.0 to the new 10.1 Quartus. My design contains an ALT2GXB instance and when I try to edit this, it comes up with all fields in the GUI greyed out. Also, when I try to generate a new ALT2GXB in a new project, I get the same problem. Anybody else seen this problem? Do I need to download extra IP data from Altera for this to work correctly, or is it a Quartus bug? 

Cheers, 

Comhra.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

my ALT2GXB works OK in Quartus II 10.1 Subscription Edition for Linux. when i first pull it up the fields are grey, then they change to be selectable

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Pancake, I should clarify that I'm running Quartus 10.1 web edition for Windows. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i tried QII 10.1 on Windows Subscription Edition, and also tried putting my Sub Ed into Web Edition mode and it still worked. this was on Windows 7 64-bit, but 32-bit QII

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm running Windows XP SP3. Also, I am using the ALT2GXB in an Arria GX. The ALTGX megafunction has the same problems, but if I run ALTMEMPHY it is fine.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I've found the solution to this problem. I re-installed Quartus 10.1 with all of the IP suite included, ie. Stratix, MAX, Legacy Devices etc. On my first install I had only included the Cyclone and Arria devices. It seems that the ALT2GXB megafunction needs the Stratix IP to operate correctly. 

Cheers, 

Comhrá.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

interesting, thanks for reporting back 

if possible please file this issue in a service request so the libraries can be improved
0 Kudos