FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

ALT2GXB - can't edit in Quartus 10.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I've ported a project from 9.0 to the new 10.1 Quartus. My design contains an ALT2GXB instance and when I try to edit this, it comes up with all fields in the GUI greyed out. Also, when I try to generate a new ALT2GXB in a new project, I get the same problem. Anybody else seen this problem? Do I need to download extra IP data from Altera for this to work correctly, or is it a Quartus bug? 

Cheers, 

Comhra.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

my ALT2GXB works OK in Quartus II 10.1 Subscription Edition for Linux. when i first pull it up the fields are grey, then they change to be selectable

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Pancake, I should clarify that I'm running Quartus 10.1 web edition for Windows. 

Thanks.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i tried QII 10.1 on Windows Subscription Edition, and also tried putting my Sub Ed into Web Edition mode and it still worked. this was on Windows 7 64-bit, but 32-bit QII

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm running Windows XP SP3. Also, I am using the ALT2GXB in an Arria GX. The ALTGX megafunction has the same problems, but if I run ALTMEMPHY it is fine.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I've found the solution to this problem. I re-installed Quartus 10.1 with all of the IP suite included, ie. Stratix, MAX, Legacy Devices etc. On my first install I had only included the Cyclone and Arria devices. It seems that the ALT2GXB megafunction needs the Stratix IP to operate correctly. 

Cheers, 

Comhrá.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

interesting, thanks for reporting back 

if possible please file this issue in a service request so the libraries can be improved