FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

ALTFP_Div Simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am having issues attempting to functionally simulate this 32 bit single precision floating point division module. I am using this module as part of a larger project, but I have tracked the error down to this module. 

To eliminate any outside problems I have forced the dataa input to 32'h3f800000 (which is 1 in FP) and I have forced the datab input to 32'h40800000 (which is 4 in FP). 

When I compile and run my modelsim simulation, I get that the result is 32'h3edffc0 (which is .437498 in FP). If the division is being done correctly I would expect to see a result of 32'h3e80000 (which is .25 in FP). 

The only errors that I am getting are: 

1.) **Warning: (vsim-3016): Port type is incompatible with connection (port 'clock0'), Region /div1_inverse/Division_altfp_div_7cm_component/altfp_div_pst1/altsyncram3 

2.)**Warning: (vsim-3534): Failed to open file "Division.hex" for reading. 

3.)**Warning: (vsim-7): Failed to open file "Division.ver" in read mode. 

Does anyone know why this would be happening or an area that I could look into more to figure it out? Any help is much appreciated. Also it is my first time posting on the forum, so if I need to give more information or post somewhere else, just let me know.
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

2.)**Warning: (vsim-3534): Failed to open file "Division.hex" for reading. 

--- Quote End ---  

ALTFP_DIV uses an M9K memory as part of it's implementation. That memory needs to be initialized in your simulation and it sounds like it isn't, for one reason or another. 

Find that .hex file (it was created when the ALTFP_DIV MegaFunction files were created) and copy it around until the vsim warning goes away. Try putting it in the directory your executing from.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

ALTFP_DIV uses an M9K memory as part of it's implementation. That memory needs to be initialized in your simulation and it sounds like it isn't, for one reason or another. 

Find that .hex file (it was created when the ALTFP_DIV MegaFunction files were created) and copy it around until the vsim warning goes away. Try putting it in the directory your executing from. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you very much! This fixed the issue that I was having.