FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

ALTFP_MULT and ALTFP_ADD_SUB issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

When I simulate the ALTFP_MULT and ALTFP_ADD_SUB megafunctions in modelsim (directly from my testbench, not through my main design) I get zero results from both. Has anyone else encountered this, or perhaps have any ideas why this might be happening? 

I'm using this code to simulate them: 

--- Quote Start ---  

FIRadd addtest( 

add_rst, 

add_en, 

CLOCK_50, 

dataa, 

datab, 

add_result 

); 

initial 

begin 

add_rst = 1'b1; 

add_en = 1'b0; 

dataa = 32'h00000000; 

datab = 32'h00000000; 

# 50ns; 

add_rst = 1'b0; 

add_en = 1'b1; 

dataa = 32'h0000000F; 

datab = 32'h0000F001; 

end 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Solved - parts of these megafunctions were being synthesised away, as the registers driving them (in my actual design) weren't driving them properly.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

jacki2ya, I am having the same problem and you wrote here as solved but I could not understand how you solved. Please, could you write how you solve it?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My fix was fairly design specific. That is, I fixed a part of my design that drove these units and then they started synthesising properly. 

As it was a little while back, the most I remember it being was that the registers that drove my ALTFP_MULT (which then fed the adders) were incorrectly specified. Once I fixed this small issue, everything else fell into place. 

I wish I could give more information then that. I wish you the best of luck though, I know how frustrating it is!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you jacki2ya. My problem was the same as yours. I solved it as well. Thanks.