FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

ARRIA 10 temperature sensor: 25 Celsius degree offset

Basti3n
Beginner

We have some issue at work with a couple of ARRIA 10 FPGA temperature sensors reporting the wrong temperature value. It seems to always have an offset of around 25 degrees, compared to another on-board sensor and compared to the value usually reported on boards from the same batch.

The issue was first seen on one board. The FPGA was replaced but the issue remains. The same problem was detected on another board.

I double-checked the transfer function in the datasheet and saw it was wrong and has been updated. It still does not explain the +25 offest we see.

The FPGA used is an 10AX032H3F34E2SG. Has anyone had such issue before?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you please elaborate?

Are you using Internal TSD + Temperature sensor IP or External TSD?

What do you mean by another on-board sensor? How is it connected to the FPGA?

Regards

0 Kudos
Basti3n
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the lack of details. We are using both the internal TSD with sensor IP and the external TSD connected to a sensor chip. We see a difference between the 2 values of ~27 Celsius degrees. On all the other boards produced except the two I mentioned, the difference is a couple of degrees.

These 2 values are basically checked on each card at production time, and since they know differ and do not match the expected, we are trying to find out if this could be something wrong with the FPGA itself.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure which Quartus version is being used. As per below KDB link, there was an issue in Quartus Prime Pro 20.1.

Why does the Intel® FPGA Temperature Sensor IP core readout always return 0 when using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software version 20.1?

If you are using the same version please update the software.

Regards

0 Kudos
Basti3n
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Actually this is an old image built with Quartus Prime Pro 17.1.1. The same build is used on all the cards.

Regards

0 Kudos