FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

AVALON STREAMING VIDEO

KSwam3
Beginner

Hi, 

I would like to know if there is spec for the INTEL AVALON Streaming for video data. I did find the below spec

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/mnl_avalon_spec.pdf

but it does not mention anything about video data, any suggestions? 

I am looking for a spec thats similar to axi where the tuser and the tlast signals denote the SOF and End of line and end of frame.

Regards,

Karthik

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Deshi_Intel
Hi Karthik, Avalon spec is Intel FPGA proprietary bus connection protocol used to connect multiple Intel FPGA IP together. Avalon spec can be used on any Intel FPGA IP be it EMIF IP, PCIe IP, Ethernet IP or some video IP like display port IP or HDMI IP. So, Avalon spec is not something unique to process streaming video only. If you want to look for customized Avalon spec that manage streaming video data then my suggestion is to look at the video IP user guide doc directly. Depends on which Intel FPGA video IP that you are using then you can find better answer on how to process the video data in that particular video IP user guide doc. Thanks. Regards, dlim
0 Kudos