FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

About lane stable of simplex transceiver RX

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi all,

I am facing one strange problem : 

For current design with simplex transceiver rx using quartus prime 16.0 standard version, after compiling, I got the .pof file and download to FPGA board, the transceiver can work normally.

But for the same project, I updated to quartus prime 18.0 standard,  and only update related IPs using auto update function, after compiling, I got the .pof file and download to FPGA board, the parallel data from some lanes among the simplex transceiver RX always have error. 

I compared the fitter report between two verions:

I found that there is some warnings on 18.0 version compared to 16.0:

1) 18576 The transceiver with supply "VCCR_GXB" on the left HSSI strip use "1.03V". The default voltage for unused HSSI channel(s) has been overridden by "1.03V";

2) 18576 The transceiver with supply "VCCT_GXB" on the left HSSI strip use "1.03V". The default voltage for unused HSSI channel(s) has been overridden by "1.03V";

I do not know does it is one effect factor and I have no idea for this problem now.

Note: for version 18.0, there is only fewer time, I can get one good pof ( transceiver can work normally), most of times, the transceiver can not work well. And there's no timing problem and the FPGA board is good, the USRCLK and refclk is good, reset process follows the requirements.

FPGA : Arria 10 10GX115N2F45E1SG.

Could someone provide some advice for me, thanks.

Brs,

Lambert

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Do you observe Rx CDR loose lock intermittently in v18.0 Std ?

Assuming no changes in your design, one of the reason that I can think of is the IP upgrade is not done correctly causing IP design corruption.

• You can try delete the upgraded NativePHY IP then create a new fresh NativePHY IP in v18.0 std again

Another suggestion is pls try out newer latest Quartus version. v18.0 is too old

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi Deshi,

After I add set_global_assignment -name PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNEL ON,

I found that the transceiver work well for many compiled sof file except first compiled sof file ( for example, I make one new project folder).

I serch for the question about this assignment, I have the question as follow link :

About PRESERVE_UNUSED_XCVR_CHANNELfor transceiver application - Intel Community

Would you give me some advice, thanks.

Brs,

Lambert

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Sure, I can help to address your doubt.

Looks like you found some old Quartus bug as mentioned in the KDB system. That's why I always recommend customer to switch to latest Quartus version if possible to avoid all these old bug.

I will close current case and proceed to answer your questions in the new forum thread created by you.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos