FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5749 Discussions

About the simplex RX CDR refclk of arria 10 transceive which runs under 15Gbps

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi sir/madam,

I have one question about the CDR refclk which is little details in UG,  I want to build two seperate bonded simplex RX channels( 4 channels for each one), and want to place this two bonded RX channels into  two different channels, and the max data rate of each lane I expected is large 12.5Gbps,

1)I want to know that if it's suit if I provide one refclk to two seperate two bonded RX channel? If not, that means I need to provide two seperate refclk to seperate RX channels?

2) And I want to know that the refclk is better  option from the dedicated refclk input?

3) And if I want them to run at 12.5 Gbps, the refclk is more large more better?

About the refclk, there is little knowledge in the UG, so I expect more information about it just because that I care more about rx than tx in my design.

Device : arria 10 10ax115s2f45i1sg

B.R.

Lambert

0 Kudos
0 Replies