FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

Altera Remote updater Cyclone V

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am triying to use the remote updater block from Altera. When I setup it (PAGE select, AnF bit, watchdog) and set the signal reconfig to '1', the FPGA does not do anything 

-I setup the page, the AnF register, the watchdog value and Watchdog enable, and then I setup to one the reconfig signal and it does not do anything. 

-The clk input freq is 10Mhz 

-I check the status register (000) at the beginning after reset and the 5 bits are in '1' value ( all error), i check it later and it does not change. 

-If i read the registers that i write (watchdog for example) appear to have a right value. 

-The eeprom is EPCQ128 

-Quartus 14.1 

Could you give me any advice to make it work? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Is it possible for you to share your design? I will see if I can help you. In past, we successfully used Remote Status update block for Cyclone IV device. 

Cheers, 

Bhaumik
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Its impossible to share the design, company rights. 

One detail that i forgot was that it is implementid in a qsys system with NIOS II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

One detail that i forgot was that it is implementid in a qsys system with NIOS II 

--- Quote End ---  

I update a screen after reset and then i read the status register.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Ok. No problem. 

We followed steps similar to provided in http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an603.pdf

Cheers, 

Bhaumik