FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6354 Discussions

Altera Remote updater Cyclone V

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am triying to use the remote updater block from Altera. When I setup it (PAGE select, AnF bit, watchdog) and set the signal reconfig to '1', the FPGA does not do anything 

-I setup the page, the AnF register, the watchdog value and Watchdog enable, and then I setup to one the reconfig signal and it does not do anything. 

-The clk input freq is 10Mhz 

-I check the status register (000) at the beginning after reset and the 5 bits are in '1' value ( all error), i check it later and it does not change. 

-If i read the registers that i write (watchdog for example) appear to have a right value. 

-The eeprom is EPCQ128 

-Quartus 14.1 

Could you give me any advice to make it work? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Is it possible for you to share your design? I will see if I can help you. In past, we successfully used Remote Status update block for Cyclone IV device. 

Cheers, 

Bhaumik
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Its impossible to share the design, company rights. 

One detail that i forgot was that it is implementid in a qsys system with NIOS II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

One detail that i forgot was that it is implementid in a qsys system with NIOS II 

--- Quote End ---  

I update a screen after reset and then i read the status register.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Ok. No problem. 

We followed steps similar to provided in http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an603.pdf

Cheers, 

Bhaumik
0 Kudos