FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Anyone else gotten an error trying to simulate the PCIe demo ep_g3x8_avmm256_integrated?

BGrat
Novice

When I follow the directions in (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_avmm_dma.pdf) section 2.2 I get the error:

# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-3584) ./../../altera_pcie_a10_hip_181/sim/altpcie_a10_hip_pipen1b.v(2878): Module parameter 'eco_fb332688_dis' not found for override.   # Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /ep_g3x8_avmm256_integrated_tb/ep_g3x8_avmm256_integrated_inst/dut/altpcie_a10_hip_pipen1b File: ./../../altera_pcie_a10_hip_181/sim/altpcie_a10_hip_pipen1b.v   # Error loading design

When I go into the offending file and comment out the line as such:

.avmm_power_iso_en_csr_ctrl (avmm_power_iso_en_csr_ctrl )   // .eco_fb332688_dis (eco_fb332688_dis )

I can then simulate. I don't know if I am simulating correctly with that line commented out or not--or even what that line does. Anybody have any insight?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Thanks BGrat,

I was successfully able to simulate having same setup like Quartus 18.1 std with Modelsim 10.5b SE. Attached image

1. Working directory need to be small as possible.
  2. Have same project name for project ep_g3x8_avmm256_integrated
  3. Open ep_g3x8_avmm256_integrated.qsys and Click Generate -> Generate Testbench System

or try by recreating the project.

Follow exact steps given in the document section 2.2 and 2.3.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

Q18.1pciEXP.png

pci_simEXP.png

pci_simMEXP.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I was trying to replicate the issues but not succeed can you please share the Quartus version & Edition used for the design?

Regards

Anand

BGrat
Novice

Thanks Anand,

In the Qsys file, it reports:   

name="DUT_pcie_tb"

kind="altera_pcie_a10_tbed"

version="18.1"

It is the standard version (not Pro).

ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition 10.5b

Revision 2016.10

Date Oct. 5 2016

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Thanks BGrat,

I was successfully able to simulate having same setup like Quartus 18.1 std with Modelsim 10.5b SE. Attached image

1. Working directory need to be small as possible.
  2. Have same project name for project ep_g3x8_avmm256_integrated
  3. Open ep_g3x8_avmm256_integrated.qsys and Click Generate -> Generate Testbench System

or try by recreating the project.

Follow exact steps given in the document section 2.2 and 2.3.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

Q18.1pciEXP.png

pci_simEXP.png

pci_simMEXP.png

0 Kudos