I used Quartus Linux v21.3 to generate and compiled Arria 10 Low Latency 40G Ethernet IP example design and it works fine.
Therefore, I suspect your issue could be due to your licensing issue.
- Can you share your licensing *.dat file for debug review ?
- Also just to confirm are you using exactly same 40G IP setting between old Quartus version vs this latest Quartus v21.3 ? For instance, did you enable KR-PHY feature as I recall KR-PHY feature may require separate license to use it
I’m helping regarding you license issue. Based on my understanding, you license is Issued on 19 January 2021. The latest Quartus version support you license is Quartus v20.4 as it is Release in December, 2020
Yes, the license was issued on 19/01/2021. But my understanding is that it is possible to get upgrades with this license until the maintenance date expires. This is still in the distant future as can be seen in lines 11-12.
Yes, you can get upgrades with this license until the maintenance date expires. Apologize as I overlook into this. To further understand the issue, could you get me the:
1) Debug/error.log file
2) Error message screen shot
3) Screenshot of Quartus II>>tools>>license setup
4) Machine OS information
5) Quartus version used
6) Output of “lmutil lmstat –a –c <port>@<address>” server and client
And for privacy, you can reply/attach your file in private message
We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you