FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Avalon to AXI bridge

BQi
Beginner

I did know that Qsys can translate avalon to axi or axi to avalon transparently. but can we get the translation bridge text code?

We would use them outside qsys. thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Any reason that you want to do it outside qsys? We don't recommend user do that as the translator added by the qsys automatically. Doing it outside the qsys might hit a lot of problem, your functionality might broke down if you did not test it correctly in the simulation.

You can look into what interconnect had been added in the qsys.

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
I need Avalon to AXI cross-clock domain bus transform component But I can not find it in platform designer. Only have single clock domain component. Do you have the idea?
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

are you using Pro ediiton or standard edition? I will look for you.

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
Pro 20.1 or 19.4 is ok Thanks and Best Regards! Brand Qi / 齐闯 Arrow Electronics Tel: 010-56064176 or 13911556862 Email: brand.qi@arrowasia.com<blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:brand.qi@arrowasia.com> Addr: 28/F, Taikang Financial Tower, 38 North Street of East 3rd Ring, Chaoyang District, Beijing
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

If you connect it in the qsys, you will find the name for it.

In the system -> show system with platform designer interconnect, it will show all the translator or extra interconnect over there.

However, for pro edition:

Translator is meant to be used inside the interconnect with transform. Its parameterization depends on overall system configuration and can be correctly done by the transform. Hence the transform was removed from IP catalog. It still gets generated as part of interconnect.

It would be engineering decision to remove it. If you would like to look into the real design, you will have to look into the standard edition.

0 Kudos
pdewanga
Employee

Hi Team, 

May I know how AXI4 interface are converted to AVALON MM interface, I have a DDR4 with Avalon controller interface But my design has the AXI4 interface. 

Will the axi-bridge ip from qsys is good enough to do the task ?

0 Kudos