FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5949 Discussions

Black Box and SIMULINK Model

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo Everyone 

For my project we need an I2S interface to get audio input. I got some existing VHDL code for an I2S receiver which i can use. I modeling my algorithm in Simulink and then using the HDL coder with Altera Quatras II to synthesize the algorithm. So what i understood by reading the Altera and DSP builder tutorials that i need use a black box to import and convert a VHDL code to Simulink Model. 

So when i look at the example of the FIR Filter from the DSP builder tutorial, it can import the VHDL files and it creates a block that i can connect to my Simulink blocks with the Input and Output Bus from DSP builder. The problem is i am putting in a Sine Wave with 44.1 kHz, and when i look at the output i get a sine wave of 1 Hz. Can someone explain me why this is happening? Why dont i get a 44.1 kHz signal at the output also? Does it have to do something with the clock?
0 Kudos
0 Replies