FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

CIC IP Core in Quartus 15.1 for 5CSEBA5U23

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I develop project for SOC 5CSEBA5U23I7 in Quartus 15.1. I use CIC IP Core. When I choose in IP Core settings "Number or interfaces" >1 (more than one) in decimation mode, I can't get signals "out_startofpacket" and "out_endofpacket". Can anyone help me with it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am getting "out_startofpacket" and "out_endofpacket", but for Cyclone IV. However, the CIC compiler does not generate matlab script for the compensation FIR coefficients. It's not even mentioned in the CIC setup.  

Regards! 

NJ
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I am getting "out_startofpacket" and "out_endofpacket", but for Cyclone IV. However, the CIC compiler does not generate matlab script for the compensation FIR coefficients. It's not even mentioned in the CIC setup.  

Regards! 

NJ 

--- Quote End ---  

I got "out_startofpacket" and "out_endofpacket" in SignalTap for Cylone IV too, but for Cylone V I can't get these signals.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is weird... Unfortunately I can not check with Cyclone V, have no appropriate project. BTW could you please check if it creates the MATLAB script <variation_name>_fir_comp_coeff.m in the project directory for you? 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This is weird... Unfortunately I can not check with Cyclone V, have no appropriate project. BTW could you please check if it creates the MATLAB script <variation_name>_fir_comp_coeff.m in the project directory for you? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, it creates fir_comp_coeff.m in the project directory.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Yes, it creates fir_comp_coeff.m in the project directory. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for information. For me it does not create the script. However signals missing with your design are ok. I wish there was Cyclone 4 1/2 :) 

Regards!
0 Kudos