FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5982 Discussions

CIC IP Core in Quartus 15.1 for 5CSEBA5U23

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I develop project for SOC 5CSEBA5U23I7 in Quartus 15.1. I use CIC IP Core. When I choose in IP Core settings "Number or interfaces" >1 (more than one) in decimation mode, I can't get signals "out_startofpacket" and "out_endofpacket". Can anyone help me with it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am getting "out_startofpacket" and "out_endofpacket", but for Cyclone IV. However, the CIC compiler does not generate matlab script for the compensation FIR coefficients. It's not even mentioned in the CIC setup.  

Regards! 

NJ
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I am getting "out_startofpacket" and "out_endofpacket", but for Cyclone IV. However, the CIC compiler does not generate matlab script for the compensation FIR coefficients. It's not even mentioned in the CIC setup.  

Regards! 

NJ 

--- Quote End ---  

I got "out_startofpacket" and "out_endofpacket" in SignalTap for Cylone IV too, but for Cylone V I can't get these signals.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is weird... Unfortunately I can not check with Cyclone V, have no appropriate project. BTW could you please check if it creates the MATLAB script <variation_name>_fir_comp_coeff.m in the project directory for you? 

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This is weird... Unfortunately I can not check with Cyclone V, have no appropriate project. BTW could you please check if it creates the MATLAB script <variation_name>_fir_comp_coeff.m in the project directory for you? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, it creates fir_comp_coeff.m in the project directory.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Yes, it creates fir_comp_coeff.m in the project directory. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for information. For me it does not create the script. However signals missing with your design are ok. I wish there was Cyclone 4 1/2 :) 

Regards!