FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

CPRI support for Cyclone 10 GX

CBlow
Partner

Hello,

I see CPRI support in the Cyclone 10 GX Native PHY, but it is not included in the CPRI MAC IP.

When will Cyclone 10 GX support be included in the CPRI IP?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are inquiring about the support of the CPRI Intel FPGA IP Core in the C10GX devices. As per the user guide, the supported devices currently are S10, A10 and V series devices only. I am currently consulting Engineering if there is any plan to support C10GX devices in the future. I will keep you posted on the progress by end of the week or as soon as there is any valid response from them. Please ping me if you do not hear back from me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CBlow
Partner

Hello,

The Cyclone 10 GX transceiver PHY user guide describes CPRI support in section 2.8 on page 149. 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-10/ug_cyclone10_xcvr_phy.pdf

It seems like an oversight that the Cyclone 10 GX was not added to the device family support for the CPRI IP.

Can you confirm when this device support will be added?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Carl,

For your information, I have received response from Engineering on our consultation. According to Engineering, there is no plan to support the CPRI IP for C10GX devices. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the XCVR PHY user guide, as I understand it, it is trying to mention that there is no issue supporting CPRI PHY using the transceiver Native PHY. User will need to code the other modules ie MAC and other supporting logic. The CPRI IP (with MAC + PHY) is different IP from the Native PHY. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. 

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos