FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Cannot open the project. Quartus Prime Settings file contains one or more errors

ymiler
Employee

Hi 

When I try to open <projet name>.qpf file - I got the mesage 

"Cannot open the project. Quartus Prime Settings file contains one or more errors"

According to your recommendtion - (ID: 125080) 

"Correct the QSF syntax errors described in the error messages, and then open the project"

But, I dont know what are the syntax errors - How can I know which lines/errors the Quartus found ?

Is there any log file ?

Yishay

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You could post the .qsf file here to let others help or just create a new Quartus project from scratch to create a new .qsf.

0 Kudos
ymiler
Employee

Hi

This problem occur for time to time ,

I prefer a log from quartus that indicate which & what is the sytanx error - If we dont have this option the other way is guess what is the problem 

Yishay

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Just post the file here.  I'm sure myself (or somebody) will be able to see the problem right away.  If Quartus can't read the .qsf file and says just that, you're not going to get more detailed info.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @ymiler 

You may need to share the design files so we can take a look for what goes wrong. 

Else, I recommend to create a new project per sstreell suggestion, and compare it with the one with error. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
ymiler
Employee

I found the problem in my QSF file  by myself,

But it's best parctice that Quartus will create log for easy inqiry 

Yishay

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @ymiler 

Good to know that you are able to found the solution. 

I will filed an enhancement request regarding this feedback such that the Quartus will report out a more useful message that show where goes wrong, instead of a generic messages. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @ymiler 

Could you help to share the screenshot and a simplified design files with the error duplicable? 

I might need this information to file a request for the engineering team. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

ymiler
Employee

It was simply syntax error -I had enviorment variable  that I missed to define 

Yiahay 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Could you help to share the line that you missed to define in .qsf? So I get a grasp of what it look like. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos