FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Cannot read Vendor ID of ARRIA 10 PCIe Root Port AVMM IP on CRA bus

SScib1
Beginner

The PCIe RP Ip is in LO state, Sync is ok.

My first acces is to read the Vendor ID of the PCie RP IP.

When I sent the following sequence on the CRA bus I never get an answer:

​Add=2000h Data=0400_0001

​Add=2004h Data=0000_010F

​Add=2008h Data=0000_0001

Add=2000h Data=0000_0000

Add=2004h Data=0000_0000

Add=2008h Data=0000_0002

Then reading

Add=2010h

Never get Data(0)=1 meaning a TMP answer has been received.

I can provide a test case.

Thnaks.

Serge

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi Serge, Are you trying to read the vendor ID of the end points that connected to the root port? From the CRA sequence above, both request ID and BDF = 0? Could you please confirm if the BDF is all zero? Regards -SK
0 Kudos
SScib1
Beginner

Hello SK,

I answered you by email but I do not know if you received it so I answer here as well:

No I am trying to read the Vendor ID of the Root Port as it is made in the simulation file attached, line 170.

That is why ID Bus Device Function = 0, this is to access the Vendor ID of the Root Port.

I can send you a test case if you want.

Can you have a look to the Signal Tap file attached you will see the sequence.

Thanks for help.

Serge

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

​The address 0x2000 - 0x2FFF are the Root Port request registers. It is used to send the data for configuration TLPs to the end points. Please refer to following user guide, section 6.8.3 for the examples of reading and writing BAR0 using the CRA interface.  

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_avmm.pdf

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SScib1
Beginner

​And so how do you write to configuration space registers of the Root Port ?

This is my purpose.

Thanks.

Serge

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi Serge, As per the user guide, you can access the Root Port configuration Space registers with a Type 0 Configuration TLP in Root Port mode. To further understand the problem, are you able to read/write the End point configuration space? Or able to access the address offset like 14'h3C68 or 14'h3C6C for the read only configuration space. Regards -SK
0 Kudos