FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Cuestion about NCO Megafunction!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually I have the DSP Development Kit Cyclone III, I'm trying to generate a complex signal something like x = I cos (phi) + Q sin (phi) and basically my question is about the megafunction NCO can used this core for the signal generation, what is the restrictions this megafuction is available in the moment when i select in my design! but in the further can be desactivate? I have Quartus II Web Edition. :o

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is possible to generate such signal with NCO core. Check documentation.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you notice that the NCO core is only available as time-limited IP for evaluation in the web version? For the core details, you should review the user manual. You'll find that amplitude modulation isn't provided inside the NCO core, because it's nothing but a multiplier. 

P.S.: If you have moderate requirements for magnitude and phase resolution of the generated signals (e.g. below 12 bit) the NCO can be easily implemented from the scratch, comprised of a phase accumulator and a sine table. Examples have been discussed at Altera forum before.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes but the time-limited IP evaluation what is the time aprox, in the documentation i can't find something about!

0 Kudos