FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Cyclone 10 GX ASMI Parallel IP debug

jlats2
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am attempting to implement the ASMI Parallel IP on my Cyclone 10 GX. I am able to perform sector erases and reads just fine (I can erase everything and read back all FF's).  However when I attempt to perform multiple page writes, I see my busy signal being asserted as soon as the I attempt to shift in new bytes.  Below is a sketch of what I am seeing on signaltap:

jlats2_0-1634303855298.png

Based on the datasheet, I do not believe that I should be seeing the busy signal go HI until I assert the write signal. I have the en4b_addr always asserted as I always want to be using 4 byte addressing. My first question is, could having en4b_addr  set to HI be causing the IP to beleive that I am enabling en4b_addr  as opposed to shifting in pages (data_in)?

Furthermore, should I be enabling en4b_addr once, or before every page write operation?

The user guide that I have been referencing is here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_altasmi_parallel.pdf

My Flash Memory chip is here: https://media-www.micron.com/-/media/client/global/documents/products/data-sheet/nor-flash/serial-nor/mt25q/die-rev-b/mt25q_qlkt_u_01g_bbb_0.pdf?rev=4fa2afeae86d4f58973c7f5167905364

Thank you very much for any assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jlats2
New Contributor I

Responding to myself for the benefit of future readers:

Do not leave the pin high. Strobe en4b_addr once, possibly during your boot up process, and keep it low.

If you have en4b_addr  HI when you attempt to perform a shift, the en4b_addr command appears to be set in preference over shift operations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jlats2
New Contributor I

Responding to myself for the benefit of future readers:

Do not leave the pin high. Strobe en4b_addr once, possibly during your boot up process, and keep it low.

If you have en4b_addr  HI when you attempt to perform a shift, the en4b_addr command appears to be set in preference over shift operations.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response as I just receive notification today.

Thank you for sharing with us your answer. If this case has been solved, I will proceed to close this ticket.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
jlats2
New Contributor I

No worries, thank you for your response.

0 Kudos